Tuesday, February 1, 2011

RoCkiN' Classroom Valentines



We finished up our classroom valentines today.  My litttle guys were big helpers in getting them together.  They both sat down and wrote their names on every card...24 of them for my 5 year old!  And he even added his last name and a heart for the dot on the i.  All his own idea.  Very cute.


We went with a RoCkiN' theme this year...and not until I was finished with them, did I remember that I did the same theme for last years valentines.  Oh well.  New year, new class.  I must like guitars.


And to spice things up, we attached (just stapled them right on) a little treat to the back...PoP RoCks!  What else?!


I originally had planned to do ReD for the boys and PiNk for the girls, but then decided once they were made up that the pink ones look way too girly for little boys to be handing out, so we bagged that idea and went all red.  There's NO way my 4 year old would have been down with all that pink.


I found this mat stack at Joann's (half off) when I was looking for scrapbook paper to back the prints with.  They were perfect!  And already cut for me, bonus.


And as a little extra we made up a few treat bags and added a sticker to seal them.



And just like that we're ready for V Day.

Want to print some of your own?
Right click, copy, paste, print.  And have a RoCkiN one.



...and since I made the pink one...

14 comments:

aLeXis said...

Oh my goodness. So cute! This is too funny. I loved your last year ones so much....so I found that post and printed the freebie that you had found. And got all my pop rocks.....and we just finished them today. But these freebies you made yourself this year are SOOO much cuter. Of course the one time I am on top of things...it would have been better to not be. Oh well...maybe we will do a rock theme two years in a row too. Then we can use this one next year. You are SO incredibly talented. You ROCK! :)

Linda said...

very cool!!! post this again next year so I can remember to do with my grandson. *wink*

Ashley said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I definitely want to use this. Thanks so much for sharing. One question though--where the heck did you find pop rocks???

the fiCkLe piCkLe said...

I found my Pop Rocks at the dollar store...a pack of 3 for a buck.

Anonymous said...

how do you create your printables? they are SOO cute and I would love to use some of my free SAHM time to play around making!!

the fiCkLe piCkLe said...

I use Photoshop Elements to make my printables. It has become a bit addicting!! Beware :)

Anonymous said...

Love these! Did you print them as 4x6 sizes?

the fiCkLe piCkLe said...

I actually printed them as 3x5's. But they would be okay to print up to a 5x7...whatever size you prefer.

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

Great idea! Thanks for the printable!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Featured this! :)

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

These are so fun! I know that this is what my son will want to do as soon as he sees them. Thanks so much. Sharing with my FB fans...hope you don't mind.

connorandmaddiesmom said...

ADORABLE! I love them, thanks!!!
any suggestions on how to learn using elements? I have it and am having trouble.

cherie said...

Thanks for the idea! I love when I find something cute for boys to do, I am a mother of 5 of them:) Super talented! Thanks for sharing!!!