Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sew Very CraZy


Okay, so I've been working on Valentines.  And let me tell you...I had a DaNg hard time deciding what to do this year!  Only because there are seriously millions of WAY cute ideas out there.  Really.  Lots of fun, fun ideas.  I had to do very little thinking about these, cause I just stole everyone elses ideas.  So here is what I narrowed it down to for the FaMilY V-daY cards (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.)...these are SeW cRazY.


I found my inspiration here.  I loved the idea of using CraZy pics of the kids cause let's face it, with my two little monkeys, it's SO much easier to get a cRazY picture than a decent one.  All I did was tell them to show me their silliest face and they went...craZy.


After I got my pictures, I made a little collage in Photoshop, sent them to Costco to be printed, then got to sewing.  Went a little crazy with that, too.


I actually sewed that little felt heart right on there.  Is it wrong to ruin a perfectly good picture by sewing the crap out of it?  I think not.  I'm lovin' how they turned out.


When I was finished putting them together I sat down with the kiddos and had them write their names on an itty bitty piece of paper...a challenge for a 3 and 4 year old...they like to write GiaNt.  But they did very well.  There's just something about a little kid's signature isn't there.  Sweet. 


And here they are, ready for Mr. Cupid to pick up and deliver...



Stay tuned, there may will be more Valentines to come (preschool friends, preschool teacher, activity days girls...) if I get them finished up when I get them finished up.  Hope that Cupid does express mail.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are way cute. I like how you sewed on the cards. And I'm thinking I need to get working on Connor's writing skills, after seeing Cannon's....

Jami said...

oh these are so cute! i love the palette you chose! It is so boy-friendy. :)

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I LOVE these....I am "filing" this idea for Xmas! The stitching really makes it!

Heather L. said...

Wow, those are "sew" adorable (sorry, had to say that!). I love them!!!

I sent you an email a few days ago - just checking to see if you got it =) I've been having alot of things go into my spam folder, so I just wanted to check.

Thanks!
Heather

the fiCkLe piCkLe said...

Hey Heather! I got your email and sent a reply last week some time. Let me know if you can't find it...I'll send another :)

Becca said...

Your cards look awesome!!! I love love love them!!!!