Friday, March 11, 2011

How we CeLeBraTe St. Patty's...

How many of you have those pesky little leprechauns visit this time of year?  They always seem to find us.  We never know what we'll find when we wake up on St. Patty's Day. 

So last year we set a trap...

 

We left a trail of lucky treats leading to a pile of chocolate gold and rainbow cupcakes (cause that's what their after, you know).


...but they escaped...


And ran wild through the house...


Turning things green...yep, even the milk!


They left green treats...



They messed with the furniture...strong little buggers!


And our breakfast (eggs)!


They splattered rainbow everywhere!


And left us a tricky little lunch...


And for dinner, a little Irish ale...our version anyway.


This year we're determined to catch one...my boys have been planning and scheming for weeks.  Watch out little leprechauns!  We're ready for you this year!

How do you celebrate St. Patty's?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

omg! I LOVE IT! How fun!!! Gonna post on FB for my readers to come see how clever!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

Craft That Party said...

I love this idea!!!! Such impish little Leprechauns!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

How Fun! My kiddos would be all smiles with this setup!

Thanks for sharing!

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

Wow those were busy leprechauns! This looks like a fun little tradition to start! My husbands family is very Irish (Murphy) so St Patty's Day is something big here...I love involving the kids:)

finchbird76 said...

This is too cute! I like the idea of tipping over the furniture! LOL!

Em @ Inspired Coincidences said...

you are one creative momma!!! what an inspiration!!!! so awesome!!

did I mention I like it??? :)

gillian said...

pretty sure you seem like the best mom ever, and a fun party thrower!

Shauna said...

So much fun. Wow, you have a beautiful blog. I have had so much fun reading through your posts. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas with us.
Shauna
http://myshaenoel.blogspot.com/

mike and elise said...

Good heavens, girl!! You must have a LOT of energy. You go all-out for EVERYTHING!! I wish I could pull off ONE holiday the way you do!!!

Noblekatt said...

omg you are such a great mom!!! I love this!

Abby said...

You are kidding me. This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen! St. Patties Day just happens to fall on my birthday and I've been looking for fun ideas to do in the future with my kids! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Oh I am so excited to just copy every single thing you did!! Your blog is adorable by the way, I was referred here from a friend and super glad about it too!! I'm over at myyellowsandbox.blogspot.com! I'm going to be sharing these ideas over there! Thanks again!!!

Jenny {Heavenly Blossoms} said...

truely amazing!!!!! I found ur blog through another blog....quite amazing you are!!! Im a new follower!!! :O)

Morgan said...

I just found your blog and it is so fun! My sister and I used to set up traps for the leprechauns when we were younger! This post brought back fun memories. I need to do this with our children!