Monday, October 25, 2010

PoiSoned ApPLes: Activity Days


So here's another not so quick but easy idea for Activity days.
I wanted to do something festive and a little creepy for Halloween for my girls this month.  I found these way cute (and a little bit creepy) beaded spiders.  At first I wasn't sure if they were going to be too complicated, but the girls had fun making them even though they were a little time consuming.  I enjoyed the craft time very much, it was a nice {QuiEt} activity.  They had to concentrate a little to get those little beads on there! 
And to add a treat to the tricks (there must ALWAYS be a treat) we did caramel apples.  Cause really, who isn't down with a little caramel apple this time of year. 

Have you used the Kraft Caramel Bits yet?  I recommend.  They melt quick and you don't have to mess with those stinkin' wrappers!


We carameled and sprinkled our apples...


Made our spooky spiders...

Ended up with a tricky treat...PoiSoned ApPLes.



4 comments:

Candice said...

What a cute idea! Your AD girls are lucky to have you!!

Erin said...

They look wonderful!!! Love the spiders too!

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

You are seriously the most talented lady I know!!!!

Anonymous said...

My son wants to be a shark for Halloween. Did you make these costumes or buy them? I am not a seamstress at all, but my 4 year old seems to think I could just sew him one! I'd love to know where you bought them (if you did purchase them). Could you email me at marythurman@hotmail.com? Thanks! p.s. Love the daddy attacked by the sharks-nice touch!