Monday, April 26, 2010

One day you're in...

Remember these?




They don't look like that anymore...not exactly anyway.  Nothing in this house is safe.  One day you're in, the next day...you're getting painted over. 

After I the hubs painted the walls and I started to redecorate the playroom, I decided I wanted to change up the ABC cavases.  I still liked the idea of having the big cavases and was even okay with keeping the letters. I just wasn't digging the colors.  There was an explosion of color going on and the plan was to tone it down a bit.  So instead of going out and purchasing something else to put on the walls...I got to work...

scraped off the old...


slapped on some new paint (gave these a distressed look)...

and ended up with this...


Which I'm currently loving.  But only time will tell how long that will last :)   


I explained how I made these the first time here.  I did pretty much the same thing this time, only I used my Cricut to cut out these letters. 


I've only got A-N so far...I ran out of cardstock and have had a hard time finding white 12x12 in stock anywhere.  And thus, the playroom awaits it's debut...well, that and there are a few other projects I'd like to get done first.  Perhaps one day it will all be together...that is if I get it done before I change my mind again...

7 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

LOVE the change!!!!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

LOVE it!

Stacie said...

First of all...love the name of your blog! So CuTe :) and LoVe LoVe LoVe your canvas re-do!! I would love to do this for my kiddos rooms!
I featured this on my blog here:

http://thecreativecrate.blogspot.com/2010/04/playroom-art.html

Thanks so much for sharing!

Gottjoy! said...

Love your blog!!

Candice said...

So cute!!

Tiffany said...

There are over at the creative crate. Really cute!

T-Gold said...

I would love to buy one from you... would you consider making and selling one?? If so.. how much! Please let me know!